Saturday, March 21, 2009

spring break fun

We were able to go to Pinetop and spend about 5 days with Grandma and Grandpa Wessel and
Aunt Jenny and Aunt Kaitlin for spring break. An extra bonus were that Avery and Tierney
(cousins) were there also. We had such a great time. We enjoyed the cooler weather, played
a lot outside and in, and enjoyed being with each other! Here are a few things that we did
during our visit.
Isabel, Avery, Jacob, Sofia and Tierney cheesing it up for the camera!



Grandpa Wessel is awesome! He has DDR for us to play when we visit. Jacob and Sofia really
enjoyed playing...not to mention me, Grandma, and Aunt Kaitlin! good times!


We played lots of games with grandma. she is so much fun and has fun with her grandkids.


We spent quite a lot of time playing at Woodland Lake Park. The weather was perfect and the
kids seemed to have a great time swinging, climbing and playing on the toys.

Jacob


Sofia


Isabel (helping Avery) isn't she nice!


They sure were good about posing for me whenever Iasked! Here we are on the dock bothering
the fishermen!

Crossing the bridge as we walked around the lake. Where the kids are standing on the bridge,
we are about a half mile by trail to grandmas backyard. What a place to live!

On our walk around the lake.



Sofia and Tierney helping each other along!


Posing on the covered bridge as we continue our walk around the lake. We were all quite hungry when this picture was taken, not sure if all of us would make it back before we died of starvation!


Grandma had all sorts of crafts for the kids to do. They were able to make bead necklaces, little animal figure clips and beaded hot pad holders! They were quite in heaven! Thanks grandma!




We fed the ducks at the lake. Always a hit, although when we went on this day they weren't
seeming very hungry, must have been fed before we arrived.







We also hiked to walnut creek. The trail starts behind grandmas house. It was quite a hike
with all these kids. They did surprisingly well, although by the time we dragged home we
were all ready for naps!


stopping during the hike for a group photo! sofia, jacob, tierney, isabel, and avery


looking for crawdads, water bugs and frogs. didn't find any except tons of water bugs.




avery and sofia hiking out.


another stop at the top for ANOTHER group photo!


Jacob and Avery seem to be good buds. Here I found him holding her hand kind of pulling
her along. This was at the end of our hike, almost to grandmas house.


It was hard to pack up the car and return home to Mesa after all of our fun. I seem to miss the tall pines surrounding me wherever I go and the wind whistling through them! I think that I enjoyed the winter too much in Mesa because the thought of summer coming just makes me ill!I might need to make a return home to the mountains, just not sure how that would happen or when! Jenny, Kaitlin and I were also able to go on long bike rides which was fun. My mom and dad have some awesome bikes...sorry no pictures of us riding. Good times!

3 comments:

  1. No wonder you want to get back to Pinetop. That looks like it was soooo much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good ole Pinetop! It looks exactly how I left it! :) I love it there, and I agree completely about the Pine trees whistling with the wind. Go back during the rainy season so you can listen to the thunder! There's no better place for awesome thunder as Pinetop! I can't wait to go, but I have to wait until July! I'm glad you could go and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! It looks like you had a really great time. I love the comment about how the kids were bothering the fishermen. Funny. Were Gaby's kids' there because she had her baby? I guess I should call you to find out these things. Love you!

    ReplyDelete