Saturday, December 11, 2010

6K




So today I completed a 6K, which is 3.72 miles. I wasn't sure I would be able to run the entire race...I've been running since the first part of November, but had never run more than somewhere between 2.5 and 3 miles, and just that hurt. The race was in Gilbert, called the 12 K's of Christmas. A bunch of girls from work signed on to run and I thought I would see if I could do it. I think I need a new challenge in my life. For some reason or another each night when I would run, even though it hurt, it felt great. Like pounding all my stresses, struggles, annoyances, and crap into the sidewalk. I hope to continue running...we'll see. The race today felt great, I wanted to die around the last K, but managed to hold out with the help of Sherry, who ran with me. Whoo-hoo! Since it was the 12 K's of Christmas, everyone running was dressed up Christmas-like. We were all given Santa hats, which of course I wore proudly.

1 comment: