Sunday, September 26, 2010

Patience

A bracelet made a given to me by one of my 5th graders. They sure can be sweet.
Patience is accepting a difficult situation without giving a deadline to remove it.

I will change the things I can change and accept the things I can't.
I will make the most of my spare time.
I will keep trying until I succeed.
I will not interrupt.
I will not complain if I don't get my way.
This is what the kids are learning in school this month. The character trait of patience. All month long I've kept thinking that there is something here I need to be learning. We learn a new character trait every month at school, but this one hits home. I'm going to become a more patient person. I need to be a better mother, teacher, and friend.

2 comments:

  1. When I read this my brain automatically reads it like there are 30 kids saying it in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! so true! hopefully those kids understand some of what they are reciting...it is some good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete