Saturday, November 14, 2015

Fossil Springs Hike May 2015

Fernandez family at the beginning-before we knew what we were getting ourselves into... 
Davis family

The whole hiking group

hiking down

and still hiking down

We made it to the creek.  And such a pretty creek it was.








Then we decided to keep hiking to get to the falls.

First Jacob jumped....

Then Sofia.....

Awesome neighbor and friend Shaeli

And finally Isabel jumped.  They are all CRAZY. 
Lunch



My handsome man-child

On Memorial Day, we decided to go on a hike with the Davis family.  Our neighbors and friends.  I have always wanted to hike Fossil Springs, so I was excited.  Little did I realize that it was an 8 mile hike.  4 miles straight down, then 4 miles straight back up.  It hurt.  It hurt for 3 days afterwards.  I couldn't walk normal the next day, and was scooting along like an old lady.  But, the creek was amazing.  Worth it.  We swam, played, sat in the sun, and enjoyed the beauty around us.  Then the kids decided to hike to the dam and jump off the falls.  I'm amazed at their bravery.  Especially my kids.  They don't get it from me.  But they all jumped.  CRAZY.  Was a great way to spend a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment