Thursday, May 28, 2020

Flood. Nov 16, 2019

I'm in the middle of teaching 5th grade and I get a phone call from Sofia.  She is frantic and screaming in the phone and I can't make out what she is saying.  I think someone has broken in the house and is attacking her.  Totally panicked in front of my class, I finally understand that water is shooting out everywhere and she can't turn it off.  Great.  I call my friend and the Bishop and they both rush over to help her turn off the water.  Damage to the hallway, all three bedrooms, and the vanity/baseboards.  Ended up being a nightmare getting it fixed because the first company I was assigned by my insurance ignored me, didn't come when they said they would and it would take a new company coming in and finishing the job in March.  What a fiasco.  But I now have new carpet in the entire house and a pretty new vanity in the bathroom. Thanks Sofia.










No comments:

Post a Comment