Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sweet Love

So, I would really like to post some photos, but I guess that will take some time since I am so computer illiterate. We had a pretty rough evening here at my house. The kids spent all day at their dads house and usually come back to me just a little out of sorts. I didn't put them to bed at the normal bedtime because I just didn't want to. Normally they are in bed between 7:30 and 8:00, no arguments. I need it and they need it. But not tonight. I just wanted to sit and do nothing. They were watching a kid friendly movie on tv. At 8:30 I remembered that we had no milk and we really needed milk seeing as tomorrow is Sunday and we wouldn't be able to get some then. So we loaded into the car and headed for the store. I rarely take my kids to the store with me...it just doesn't work. I was reminded of that tonight. I'm sure the later hour didn't help any either. Isabel (5) was dancing in the aisles, singing and humming quite loudly and Jacob (9) and Sofia (7) kept finding ways to hurt each other, like stepping on toes, smacking a cheek, running the cart over toes, or kicking. Quite a trip! But we did get the milk, headed home for cereal for a LATE dinner and off to bed. They were all so tired by then, grumpy and none of us were happy campers. I did manage to have them get their teeth brushed, in jammies and into bed. It was rough and I am grateful that we do have a regular bedtime routine, so this sort of chaos and crying kids doesn't happen very often. But now to the whole reason of this post. They are all in bed and I am lying on my bed feeling like a horrible failure of a mom when Sofia walks into my room, hands me a note and silently walks back out. She had sat in her bed and wrote this note for me:

Dear mom,

Your as sweet as an orange.
And feel like a peach.
And always cheers me up.
If you were not here I would be a different person.
But I have you so I'm a better person.
Your more than perfect your amazing!

Yours truly,
Sofia

WOW! This is coming from a 7 year old! It made me cry and helped me feel better all at the same time. I love my kids. They make this life worth living and make this life bearable! Just wanted to share what a beautiful letter I received tonight from an incredible girl.

3 comments:

  1. That is AMAZING, Becky! WOW! You are obviously doing a lot of things right! Give yourself a break, because we ALL wish we were doing better. Just one day at a time! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of the sweetest notes I have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mom why did you post this it is embarrassing

    ReplyDelete