Monday, January 25, 2010

whoo-hoo sofia!

Sofia used to chew her nails down to nothing! It drove me crazy. I told her that if she could quit biting her fingernails for at least a month I would take her to get a pedicure and manicure. Of course I thought it would be hard for her to do. So I totally bribed her with something she had been asking for, thinking I would never have to actually pay up. Well, the girl stopped biting her nails within 2 weeks. That was about 6 months ago. At first I wanted to make sure that she had really kicked the habit, but then time just passed and I kept forgetting my side of the deal. This last weekend, I took her. She was thrilled. She loved the whole process. I did tell her that this was pretty much a one time thing, for super special occasions. I am proud of her for quitting a bad habit. Next time I will think twice before I offer any kind of reward! They did charge me quite less because she is a little girl, so that helped. I'm super proud of her!


No comments:

Post a Comment