Saturday, April 17, 2010

2010 Miller Ward Primary Talent Show

The Miller Ward primary put on its annual talent show. These are fun to attend. The kids all do such a great job. My kids signed up by themselves this year as the sign up sheet must have been passed around Primary. I didn't know what they signed up to do until I received a call confirming it. Isabel had signed up to sing, Sofia to do jumproping, and Jacob wanted to display one of his drawings. I convinced him to also play one of the songs he learned on the guitar, Spanish Theme. He does so well at the guitar. When we showed up Sat. morning for the show, Isabel had decided that she didn't want to sing. No big deal, I told her. As more and more kids showed up and took their numbered seats, I asked if she was sure she didn't want to. About 5 minutes into the program she told me she wanted to sing. I took her to her seat. She stood up and sang when it was her turn with no problem. She sang "I am Like a Star" from the primary songbook. I was going to play the piano for her while she sang. She started singing before I could even get to the piano. Too cute. She was great. Jacob did well and the audience asked for an encore. He didn't know what it meant and the emcee had to tell him to sit and play the song again. Sofia is just plain good with a jumprope and did well also. It was a fun morning.

Isabel Sofia

Jacob

No comments:

Post a Comment