Saturday, June 5, 2010

lake mtn lookout

My dad took us to the Lake Mountain lookout tower on Memorial Day. It is a fun drive on a dirt road through the woods. About 30 minutes from his house. I like those kinds of drives...out in the country, dirt roads, no people. The tower is pretty tall, the box at the top, pretty small! I don't really enjoy climbing the tower since I'm so afraid of heights. Takes all I have just to climb to the top, climbing in the room at the top is ridiculous! I have to close my eyes and I start to move very slowly, trying not to panic. I always hoped I would outgrow my fear of heights, but don't think that will happen. The kids did great, loved it and were rewarded with a bag of forest service goodies for kids from the ranger at the top. The views were incredible. Could see forever. Was a pretty clear day. Worth it, but just barely!

Lake Mountain Lookout sign
the tower
another view
climb at your own risk...nice!

The kids going up

Isabel climbing into the box at the top.

great views.

Jacob, Sofia and Isabel in the tiny room at the top.

signing their names in the 'guestbook'

and going down....


and down!

2 comments:

  1. All your Pinetop posts are making me home sick. I can't wait to escape to the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandpa used to take me here. Thanks for the pics.

    ReplyDelete