Saturday, April 4, 2009

child labor...

The kids dad came over to take care of my backyard. I looked out the window and this is what I saw. Jacob was in charge of that lawnmower! He mowed most of the backyard, and it is a large backyard! He was so focused on his task, it was fun to watch. Isabel and Sofia fought over who got to cut back a large bush of lantana that is covering my irrigation opening. They have never really helped do yardwork before, and it was interesting to see them want to do it! We'll see how long it lasts. My grass doesn't look as good as usual because I forgot to sign up for irrigation that week. It just takes one day of irrigation and the grass turns green...LOVE IRRIGATION! I just have to work on not forgetting to sign up!


Jacob, strong man hard at work!

Sofia just turns into some kind of poser whenever a camera is nearby...it's kind of scary!?

I think those clipper things are as tall as her. Isabel was great at attacking that bush.

Sofia was a little more careful and picky about what she clipped.
I would enjoy my back yard so much more if the orange trees were in better shape and actually produced good oranges and if I had a swimming pool. I was sooooooooooo spoiled the two years that I lived in our Fairfield house that had a pool. It is marvelous living here in the valley to have a pool during those crazy insane hot months! But what do you do!? The junior high just down the street has a new swimming pool with water slides, high dives and a great kiddy pool so we will just have to TRY to enjoy that one! Six more weeks of school. I'm starting to count down!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, a little hard work is good for them! I mowed the lawn ALL the time growing up - and I think we taught my brother, John to take over by the time he was 8. Cute kiddos! Hugs and kisses from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny that they just started doing it for you! What a bunch of great kids you have!

    ReplyDelete