Wednesday, April 29, 2009

museum fun...

This last weekend I decided to take the kids to the AZ Science Center. I had found out that admission was free for Sat. and Sun. and thought that the kids would love going. I do not think that I have a brain sometimes, because I didn't realize we would have to be in line at about 7:00 am just to get in! If I heard that the science center was having free admission for the weekend, then that means that the other 3 million moms and dads in the valley also heard. When we arrived the line was soooooooooooooooo long! Kids, strollers, and moms and dads lined up in the longest line I think I have ever seen. I took one look at the line and said, "Nope, not today!" No way could I stand in a line that long with my three easily bored, unable to sit or stand still for longer than 5 minutes at a time kids! I honestly don't know how the parents who were in line and waiting could handle it! So since we made the drive into downtown Phx, I didn't want it to be a wasted trip, we headed into the Phx Museum of Natural History. Oh Super Fun! Luckily my kids seemed eager to go inside. It wasn't that bad! Quite a few hands on exhibits and a clipboard and a paper with museum objects for the kids to find. I was also educated on some of the valley's history, I tell you we had SUPER FUN! I wish there was a way to insert sarcasm when typing! Someday I will take the kids back to the Science Center so they will see what they really missed! The best part of the day was stopping at Rubio's on the way home for the BEST chicken nachos ever!



They were so ready to go home when this picture was taken! Isabel, Sofia and Jacob






Maybe the highlight of this trip for the kids was this walking bridge over Washington St. in Phx. They were in heaven!




1 comment:

  1. I hate long lines with kids too, but for some reason i decided I'd wait in the long line for the new IKEA store to open here in Sandy. (2 years ago). I had 2 kids with me, and my sister-in-law had 2 with her, and it was a pain in the behind! We waiting 2 hours being in the line that wrapped around the building. I won't do it again, but at least I got a little envelope that was good for $10 in the store. My sis-in-law got a $50 one. It was fun once we got inside because there was so much to see, but until then....let's just say we're lucky that I still have all my kids!

    ReplyDelete