Saturday, February 21, 2009

afternoon walks

Almost every afternoon the kids and I go on a walk. I love walking, always have and want my kids to enjoy walking also. It is a work in progress! Our school has a program called the 25 mile club, which encourages the students to get out and start walking. It's a great incentive for my kids. We have already walked three sessions of the 25 mile club and are now 75 milers. They get a kick out of hearing how far they have walked since Aug. The kids get a t-shirt and a certificate. I do miss walking on the trails behind my parents home in Pinetop. There's something about walking under the tall pines! My neighborhood in Mesa just isn't the same, but it's good to get the kids outside and moving. We usually walk for about 30-40 minutes. I do have to say that when we started walking in August I had three crying, upset kids. They very strongly disliked going on our walks. I think they have realized they have no choice and its become a nice routine which I think they actually enjoy. Jacob and Sofia both received roller blades for birthdays or Christmas, so that has helped. Isabel has a friend who likes to come with us so that helps her walk happily! I took my camera along on our last walk. It was a nice afternoon.



The kids all know that when they reach a corner, before they cross the street they have to wait for me. Sometimes I will find them all sitting down waiting. Quite the group!






The kids wear uniforms at school. As soon as they get home, Isabel and Sofia usually change
right away. Isabel usually puts on a dress. That would be why you see her wearing a pretty
'church' dress. She is lucky to have such a great friend live right across the street. They spend quite a lot of time playing after school and on saturdays. Usually going from one house to the other, back and forth.





1 comment:

  1. You are a wonderful mom, Becky! I may make a big deal about a birthday here and there, but you take them on walks almost everyday, and that means a whole lot more and is a whole lot harder! I want to be like you when I finally get it all together... quit laughing! Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete