Saturday, February 14, 2009

Jacob David

I have written blogs about my two girls and how they came to be. Now it is Jacob's turn.
He turned 9 years old this year. I still can't believe how the time has gone. I was so excited when I found out I was pregnant with Jacob. I had always wanted to be a mom. I had been married for a month when I learned that I was pregnant. In July I had started bleeding and went to the hospital. I was 12 weeks along and the doctor told me that I hadn't miscarried yet, but there was a 50 percent chance that I would. I was so scared. Luckily I didn't miscarry and after taking it easy for a week after, I was back to normal. Jacob was born at 9:58 am on January 10, 2000. I don't have a scanner so I can't scan any of his baby pictures, but he was born with dark brown hair and beautiful dark brown eyes. He weighed 7 lbs. 5 ozs. He was perfect. I went into labor around 2 am that morning. We didn't have health insurance at the time. I basically had a pre-paid plan at Mesa General's Women's Clinic. They were great. I didn't want to pay $700 for an epidural and knew that my mom had had 4 children naturally and thought I could do it also. I never even thought twice about it. IT HURT...Unbearable!!! David and his mom were there. I just remember mama F. rubbing my feet, they were so cold. Luckily it was not a long labor, just about 8 hours. Jacob came out screaming and hollering! I was thrilled. He was beautiful. He nursed well for about 7 and a half months. He was a chubby baby, always smiling and laughing. He didn't sleep through the night until he was 17 months old and I was 6 months pregnant with Sofia. Every night would wake up crying and wouldn't stop crying until he threw up or I got him out of bed. That was joyous ;).

He loves:
pizza
hot dogs
strawberries
getting dirty
playing in mud
roller blading
playing games
candy
reading
boy scouts
drawing
cars
He is such a good boy. He tries hard to make good choices. He is also a good brother to his little sisters. He is all boy...full of life and I love him!



2 comments:

  1. You know, I need to do this about my oldest, to remind myself of all her good qualities, and not just the reasons I am ready to strangle her! He really is a cutie, and with you cheering him on, he will turn out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey its jessie!!!!hey dont forget he also likes hangin out with his BESTEST and most FAVORITEST cousins!!! Us FERNANDEZ'S!!!dont forget about us!!jk!luv ya!!

    ReplyDelete