Friday, February 6, 2009

self-portraits

Every time I scan through the photos on my camera I find pictures like this one of Sofia! She is always finding my camera and taking her picture. I've found some interesting pictures of her. It doesn't matter how many times I tell her not to play with my camera (my kids are notorious for breaking things) she keeps doing it. I've had quite a few laughs over some of the shots my kids take.
Sofia was born on September 14, 2001. Five days before my 26th birthday. I woke up around 4:30 am with contractions. David's sister Zilveth came over around 7:30 am to take Jacob to work with her (she worked at a day care at the time) and my sister Gaby came over to go take me to the hospital. I think David, who was landscaping at the time had to finish up a job that morning and thought he had enough time to get some work done before I would need him at the hospital. He came to the hospital for a little bit, but then left around 11:00 to return some machinary that was due back. He missed her birth by about 20 minutes. I was not very happy about that, but what to do? I was soo glad Gaby was there with me. I had planned to have Sofia naturally and was nervous remembering the pain from Jacob's birth. She was born at 12:30 pm on the 14th, a nice (ha ha) 8 hour labor. Poor Gaby, I think I scared her a little with my moaning, screaming and hand squeezing, but she was a trooper and I couldn't have done it without her there. I was so excited to be having a girl. She joined the long line of family members who are born between August 29 and October 3. Jacob was 18 months old when she was born. One of my fondest memory of the two of them at that age is when I walked into the room and noticed something on Sofia's face. I realized it was pen. Jacob had a pen hidden behind his back. He had written on his 3 month old sisters face with pen! She didn't seem to mind. She was a fun baby. I nursed her until she was 1 year old. I tried to get her to take a bottle, but she would never take one. I didn't mind, nursing was such a pleasure and great bonding time for me and my babies. As soon as she could sit up and play, she and Jacob have been the greatest buddies. They have always played well together. I don't have a scanner, so I am unable to scan baby pictures. Someday...

Here she is in Pinetop at grandma and grandpas house on grandpas rowing machine.
Sofia loves:
spaghetti
oranges
roller blading
writing stories
singing
roast beef and mashed potatoes
chocolate ice cream
dancing
Arby's
visiting grandma and grandpa Wessel
saving and counting money
Sofia is a great sister and is always finding ways to share things so that everyone is happy. She is the first one to jump out of bed in the morning and my pickiest eater. Her teacher Mr. K has told me that she has the perfect student thing down...we'll see how long that lasts! I love Sofia!

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment