Sunday, February 1, 2009

This last week was just a rotten week! I don't know why, but it was super tough. My kids were extra, unusually stinky, I was extra grumpy/tired and there were a few days where I felt it would be better if we all stayed in bed, didn't go to school and took a few 'sick' days. We didn't, we survived and I'm sure next week will be better...it has to be! I was looking through some of my pictures and this one just cheered me up! Isn't she a doll? I think so. Since I am using this blog as a sort of scrapbook/journal, I thought I would write a little about my children. Today I will start with Isabel. Isabel Fernandez was born on October 14, 2003 at 4:14 am. She was ready to be born because there was no time wasted! I felt my first contraction at 2:30 am, we arrived at the hospital at 3:30 am and she was born 44 minutes later. It was all just a little tooooo fast for me. I didn't have epidurals with my first 2 labors and was planning on having one with this third one...but it was not to be. They couldn't even get me hooked up to an iv! my doctor was on the freeway heading in, didn't make it in time, so the on-call doctor had the privilege! We didn't know if we were having a boy or a girl. I had one of each already, was prepared for either and wanted to be surprised. I was feeling the urge to push and was being told by everyone around me to wait because they were still getting everything prepared. NO WAY, couldn't do it! Just two pushes and she basically flew out of me...OUCH! I think I was in somewhat of a shocked state because I didn't pay attention to much else for a few minutes, I was slightly dazed! When they told me she was a girl I was super excited. She was perfect. 8 lbs. 14 ozs. Can't remember how long and I don't want to go find it. She was a very good, happy baby. I never gave her a bottle, which I am very proud of! We nursed until she was 15 months old. I think it was harder for me to wean than her! Here are some fun things about Isabel:

She loves: spaghetti
hot cheetos
fruit
pizza
playing dress up, babies and barbies
digging in dirt
anything sweet
doing puzzles
reading
playing with her big brother and big sister
taking walks
singing
swimming

My two other kids call Isabel my only 'Mexican' child because she takes after her dad and eats hot sauce on her chips, spicy food and loves the chile flavored mexican candy. I call her my firecracker or pistol because she is so full of energy that she often explodes, sometimes in a good way, and sometimes not! She also lets you know, usually very loudly, when she doesn't have what she wants or thinks she needs. I love her tons and tons and am so glad we get to 'grow up' together!

Here she is with her Abuelita Tere. We were at our school Christmas concert.

Look for Sofia and Jacob's turn coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment